Los Angeles, CA — The American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) has named its annual Outstanding Achievement Award nominees in the categories of feature film, documentary and television cinematography. Winners will be announced during the 36th ASC Awards on March 20, 2022. The ceremony will be a hybrid event, both in person and live streamed, at the historic ASC Clubhouse in Hollywood.
Below is a complete list of this year’s nominees by category:
- Bruno Delbonnel, ASC, AFC for THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH
- Greig Fraser, ASC, ACS for DUNE
- Dan Laustsen, ASC, DFF for NIGHTMARE ALLEY
- Ari Wegner, ACS for THE POWER OF THE DOG
- Haris Zambarloukos, BSC, GSC for BELFAST
-category sponsored by KESLOW CAMERA
- Ruben Impens, SBC for TITANE
- Pat Scola for PIG
- Adolpho Veloso, ABC for JOCKEY
-category sponsored by PANAVISION
- Jessica Beshir for FAYA DAYI
- Isabel Bethencourt and Parker Hill for CUSP
- Daniel Schönauer for THE HIDDEN LIFE OF TREES
-category sponsored SONY
Motion Picture, Limited Series, or Pilot Made for Television
- Steve Annis for FOUNDATION – Pilot Episode: The Emperor’s Peace
- Tim Ives, ASC for HALSTON – Episode: The Party’s Over
- James Laxton, ASC for THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD – Episode: Chapter 9: Indiana Winter
- Christophe Nuyens, SBC for LUPIN – Pilot Episode: Chapter 1
- Ben Richardson, ASC for MARE OF EASTTOWN – Episode: Illusions
-category sponsored by ARRI
Episode of a One-Hour Television Series – Non-Commercial
- Stuart Biddlecombe for THE HANDMAID’S TALE – Episode: The Wilderness
- David Garbett for SWEET TOOTH – Episode: Big Man
- David Greene, ASC, CSC for CHAPLEWAITE – Episode: The Promised
- Jon Joffin, ASC for TITANS – Episode: Souls
- Boris Mojsovski, ASC, CSC for TITANS – Episode: Home
- Kate Reid, BSC for THE NEVERS – Episode: Hanged
-category sponsored by PANAVISION
Episode of a One-Hour Television Series – Commercial
- Thomas Burstyn, CSC, NZSC for SNOWPIERCER – Episode: Our Answer for Everything
- Tommy Maddox-Upshaw, ASC for SNOWFALL – Episode: Weight
- Ronald Paul Richard for RIVERDALE – Episode: Chapter Eighty-Nine: Reservoir Dogs
- Brendan Steacy, CSC for CLARICE – Episode: Silence is Purgatory
- David Stockton, ASC for MAYANS M.C. – Episode: The Orneriness of Kings
- Gavin Struthers, ASC, BSC for SUPERMAN & LOIS – Episode: Heritage
-category sponsored by RED DIGITAL CINEMA
Episode of a Half-Hour Television Series
- Marshall Adams, ASC for SERVANT – Episode: 2:00
- Michael Berlucchi and Marc Carter for MYTHIC QUEST – Episode: Backstory!
- Adam Bricker for HACKS – Episode: There is No Line
- Paula Huidobro for PHYSICAL – Episode: Let’s Get Together
- Jaime Reynoso, AMC for THE KOMINSKY METHOD – Episode: And it’s Getting More and More Absurd
-category sponsored by PICTURE SHOP
Last year’s ASC feature film winner was Erik Messerschmidt, ASC for MANK, who went on to win an Oscar® for Best Achievement in Cinematography.
The Spotlight Award, which recognizes exceptional cinematography in independent, foreign or art-house-type films went to Aurélien Marra in 2021 for TWO OF US.
The 2021 ASC Documentary Award went to Michael Dweck and Gregory Kershaw for THE TRUFFLE HUNTERS.
For information regarding the 36th ASC Awards, visit www.theasc.com or call 323-969-4333.
About the ASC
The American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) is a professional organization dedicated to advancing the art of filmmaking. Since its charter in 1919, the ASC has been committed to educating aspiring filmmakers and others about the art and craft of cinematography. For additional information about the ASC, visit www.theasc.com or join American Cinematographer on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@the_asc) and (@american_cinematographer ).